Changes to the Shopping Experience
The LCBO has measures in place to protect staff and customers including:
- Restricting capacity in accordance with public health guidance on capacities across the province.
- Requiring customers to wear face coverings in all LCBO stores unless they meet a provincial legislated exemption. Please plan ahead and bring your own mask; LCBO will not be providing masks.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization in our stores and warehouses.
- Managing traffic flow within our stores to avoid crowding and marking points within the stores as guidance for staying recommended distances apart.
- Plexiglass barriers at cash desks across our retail network.
- As part of our Responsible Service Program, we have policies and procedures in place and in accordance with the law for the purposes of checking ID and public intoxication before serving customers. Thank you for your understanding and for removing your mask safely if requested to do so while visiting our stores.
LCBO’s workplace COVID-19 vaccination and testing policy
As part of our ongoing commitment to keeping the LCBO a safe place to work and shop, and supporting our local communities, we have introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and testing policy. As of October 30, 2021 all LCBO employees and anyone performing work in our retail stores, warehouses, and offices across the province will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or will undergo regular rapid screening.
Ontario’s vaccine certificate system for non-essential activities does not apply to in-store LCBO shoppers.
Product returns dating back 30 days from your original purchase are being accepted by LCBO stores, accompanied with the original receipt. Each store has a dedicated returns station and all returns in saleable condition will undergo a disinfection and quarantine period of three days before resale.
Most retail stores operate Monday through Saturday. Effective June 11, 2021, LCBO will resume extended hours of operation, closing at 9 p.m., where applicable. LCBO stores are open 11:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Sundays.
- Customers are encouraged to check the store locator feature, as their local store hours may vary.
- There could be an instance when an LCBO store closes without notice or adjusts their hours and/or days of operation.
LCBO Convenience Outlets authorized to sell beverage alcohol are privately owned and business hours may vary.
Priority Access for Healthcare Workers
We are proud to join the retail industry’s appreciation of healthcare workers during COVID-19 by offering priority access within our retail stores.
Healthcare workers (which include all employees from hospitals, health care facilities, and paramedics) who present official photo identification of their role will be invited to take their place at the front of any line up outside of LCBO stores.