BACKGROUNDER: NEW TORONTO STORE
95 HOUSEY STREET
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2020
● The official opening of the new LCBO store in Toronto is Tuesday, November 10 at 10:00 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 28,800 community members. The population is expected to grow 11 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 8,909 square-foot store has nearly 5,837 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 2,050 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 190 Ontario wines, including 140 VQA wines.
● It also features 236 linear feet of refrigerated shelving, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section that features 32 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are 4 checkouts and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 13 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are Tuesday to Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
● All LCBO stores will remain closed on Monday until further notice.
Health and Safety
The LCBO is committed to providing a safe shopping experience for customers and employees. In accordance with the provincial mandate when accessing indoor public services, face masks or face coverings must be worn when visiting stores. The LCBO also asks all customers to follow physical distancing guidance in-line and in-store, plan ahead and shop alone, limit interactions by paying with debit or credit and to pack their own reusable bags.
LCBO Press Office
Tel. 416.864.6700; E-mail: PressOffice@lcbo.com
Follow us on Twitter @LCBONews