Dark red with ruby tones; not as deep as the '05 or '04. Very dark aromas of cassis, licorice and cocoa powder are complicated by exotic dusty spices and Provençal herbs. Suave, pure and mouthfilling, with its fine-grained dark berry and spice flavors broadening on the back half. Boasts a lovely balance of sweet and savory qualities, with bright acidity and refined tannins giving the wine plenty of backbone for further leisurely evolution in bottle. Finishes with excellent building length. The late summer of 2006 was very hot but temperatures dropped sharply in mid-September, pushing the harvest mostly into October, according to Barrett. In my earliest note on this vintage, I found the wine a bit disjointed (Barrett described it shortly before bottling as '60% a superripe component from the rocks and hillside, while the other 40% was all pepper and no jam--very Bordeaux-like in style'), but it is harmonizing beautifully. Drinking window: 2019-2039. Score - 94. (Stephen Tanzer, vinous.com, May 2019)
NOTE: Prices subject to change without notice. Prices include container deposit fees where applicable. All products may not be available in all stores. Select products may be available to customers in limited quantity. Value Added Products are subject to limited availability and may not be included with online purchases. Earn 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $30* spent each month. *Excluding HST, container deposit, and charity donations. AIR MILES® for online purchases will be awarded on the date of shipment and not the date of order. The above-noted alcohol content may differ from the alcohol content displayed on the bottle label due to the timing of changes in vintage dates or production lot codes. Customers are advised to read the bottle labels to confirm the actual alcohol content of their purchases. The vintage year displayed on the product image may differ from the stock available in stores and online.
YOU MUST BE 19 YEARS OF AGE TO PURCHASE ALCOHOL. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY DELIVER IN ONTARIO / VOUS DEVEZ AVOIR AU MOINS 19 ANS POUR ACHETER DE L'ALCOOL. VEUILLEZ NOTER QUE NOUS NE LIVRONS PAS À L'EXTÉRIEUR DE L'ONTARIO.