2 racks of pork baby back ribs, membranes removed
1 cup (250 mL) apple juice
1 cup (250 mL) BBQ sauce
For the BBQ Rub:
1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) kosher salt
1 tsp (5 mL) ground black pepper
1 tsp (5 mL) granulated garlic
1 tsp (5 mL) granulated onion
1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
2 tsp paprika (10 mL) (use smoked paprika if available)
1 tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper (for heat, if desired)
- Mix all Rub ingredients together in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Place wire rack on cookie sheet and spray with non-stick vegetable oil.
- Place ribs meat side down on rack and liberally apply Rub. Flip and repeat.
- Pour apple juice into bottom of cookie sheet (for flavoured moisture).
- Pre-heat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Cook ribs for about 3 hours, or until the meat begins to pull back evenly from each bone.
- OPTIONAL: Baste with your favourite BBQ sauce first with 20 minutes left to cook, then again with 5 minutes left.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.