½ can (28 oz) pumpkin purée
1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
½ tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
¼ tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
¼ tsp (1 mL) iodized salt
¾ cup (175 mL) evaporated milk
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and beat them lightly.
- Add the pumpkin purée, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt and stir until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the evaporated milk and continue to blend until fully combined.
1 ¼ cup (140 g) all-purpose flour
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
¼ cup (60 mL) ice water
- Mix flour, salt and butter until the dough begins to be flakey.
- Add a tablespoon of iced water, one at a time, until the dough takes shape.
- Roll the crust into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator for four hours.
- Remove the plastic and roll the dough out evenly so that it fits into a 9-inch pie tray.
- With your fingers, firmly press the dough evenly into all the nooks and crannies of the pie tray.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Place the pie on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for 30-35 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, insert a knife into the pie. It is done when the knife comes out clean.
- Let the pie cool for at least one hour and serve.