1 flank steak
1 tbsp (15 mL) peach or orange juice
2 tbsp (25 mL) vegetable oil
2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped coriander plus ¼ cup (50 mL) coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
½ tsp (2 mL) ground coriander seed
¼ tsp (1 mL) chili powder
4 peaches peeled and diced
3 green onions sliced
½ red bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
Zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- With a sharp knife, lightly crosshatch the flank steak on both sides then place in a shallow dish.
- Mix together the peach juice, vegetable oil, 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped coriander, ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the coriander seed and chili powder. Pour over the steak turning to coat, then leave to marinate for an hour at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, place the diced peaches in a bowl. Add the green onion, red and jalapeño peppers and lime zest. Whisk the remaining ¼ tsp (1 mL) coriander seed with the lime juice and pour over the peach mixture. Add the chopped coriander leaves, season well with salt and pepper and toss to mix.
- Lightly oil the grill and preheat to high.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side depending on thickness. (Flank steak is best cooked to medium-rare). Let the steak rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly on the diagonal and serve with the salsa.