3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) mirin
2 tsp (10 mL) black sesame seeds
1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 lb (500 g) boneless beef short ribs, cut into ½-inch (5 mm) slices
⅓ cup (75 mL) gochujang
¼ cup (60 mL) unseasoned rice vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
GREEN ONION MAYONNAISE
½ cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 cups (500 mL) shredded iceberg lettuce
½ cup (125 mL) chopped cabbage kimchee
Juice of 1 lime
8 small flour tortillas
1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced cucumber
- For beef, combine 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce, mirin, sesame seeds, 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Add beef and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- To make chili sauce, combine gochujang, rice vinegar, 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar, 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- For green onion mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise with onions in a small bowl.
- When ready to serve, heat indoor grilling pan to high. Combine lettuce, kimchee and lime juice in a medium bowl. Grill beef for 1 minute per side for medium-rare. Remove to a cutting board and slice into strips.
- Slather tortillas with green onion mayonnaise. Divide lettuce mixture and beef among tortillas. Top each with several slices of cucumber. Drizzle with chili sauce and roll or fold up.