1½ oz bourbon
Siam Strawberry Lemonade to taste (see below)
Thai or Italian basil leaves
- To a tall glass filled with ice, add bourbon. Top up with lemonade. Garnish with basil.
Siam Strawberry (Entertaining Size)
- To a tall pitcher filled with ice, add 6 cups Siam Strawberry Lemonade (recipe below) and 9 oz bourbon.
- Divide among 6 tall glasses filled with ice. Garnish with Thai or Italian basil leaves.
Siam Strawberry Lemonade
⅓ cup (80 mL) sugar
⅓ cup (80 mL) honey
3 cups (750 mL) warm water
1 cup (250 mL) lemon juice
4 cups (1 L) hulled strawberries
12 Thai or Italian basil leaves
- Dissolve sugar and honey into warm water. Let cool to room temperature. Stir in lemon juice.
- Purée strawberries and basil leaves in a blender and strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir into lemon mixture. Refrigerate until chilled. (Lemonade will keep in refrigerator for 1 day.)