2 stalks lemon grass
1½ oz rum
1 oz simple syrup (see below)
Juice of ½ lemon
Coconut water to taste
- Chop 1 stalk lemon grass.
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add chopped lemon grass, rum, simple syrup and lemon juice. Shake sharply and strain into a tall glass filled with ice.
- Top up with coconut water. Garnish with remaining lemon grass and lemon wedge.
- To a large pitcher filled with ice, add 8 oz white rum, 5 cups coconut water, 1 cup Lemon Grass Syrup (recipe follows) and ¾ cup lemon juice.
- Pour into tall glasses and garnishw tih lemon grass stalks and lemon wedges.
In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup Simple Syrup and 6 stalks finely sliced lemon grass. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and allow to cool. Strain and reserve syrup. Discard lemon grass.
Makes 1 cup (250 mL)