2 tbsp (30 mL) minced shallots
¼ tsp (1 mL) each coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
2 tsp (10 mL) maple syrup
1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
2 tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
½ cup (125 mL) finely diced cherry tomatoes
1 cup (250 mL) vegetable broth
½ cup (125 mL) red quinoa
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
¼ cup (60 mL) finely minced shallots
1 clove garlic, minced
½ tsp (2 mL) each salt and fresh cracked pepper
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh mint
½ cup (125 mL) crumbled chèvre
4 large portobello mushrooms, about 3½ inches (9 cm) in diameter, stems removed
4 cups (1 L) arugula or watercress
- In bowl, whisk together shallots, salt, pepper, maple syrup, lemon zest, lemon juice and white wine vinegar. Slowly pour in oil, whisking constantly, until combined. Stir in tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring vegetable broth to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in quinoa and bring to simmer; cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat, leave covered, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook shallots until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in cooked quinoa, salt, pepper, parsley and mint. Sprinkle in crumbled chèvre.
- Brush mushroom tops with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the vinaigrette. Set mushrooms, gill-side down, on a greased grill over medium heat. Grill for 2 minutes. Transfer to rimmed baking sheet gill-side up. Divide filling over each mushroom cap. Return to barbecue and grill, covered, until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese starts melting, about 8 minutes. Remove with a metal spatula.
- Divide arugula over 4 plates. Top with stuffed portobellos and spoon tomato-shallot vinaigrette over each just before serving.