2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
4 halibut fillets, about 6 oz (175 g) each
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups (500 mL) artichoke hearts, quartered
1 tbsp (15 mL) capers, drained
8 lemon slices, cut crosswise through the lemon as thinly as possible
2 tsp (10 mL) fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Season halibut with salt and pepper.
- Add halibut pieces to pan, placing the flesh side into the oil, not the skin side.
- Sauté the flesh side in oil until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and place in baking dish. Bake in oven until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- In the pan used for the halibut, add the artichokes and capers, sauté over medium-high heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add lemon, oregano and butter. Cook for 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve artichokes and lemon overtop the halibut with some of the sauce.