2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
2 lb (1 kg) porterhouse steak, 2 inches (5 cm) thick
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil (optional)
Maldon or other finishing salt
- Preheat grill to high.
- Brush oil over steak and season with salt and pepper. Grill 7–8 minutes per side for rare, turning once.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Carve off both fillet and sirloin. Slice both filet and sirloin into ½-inch (1 cm) slices. Drizzle with a little olive oil, if desired, and season with Maldon salt.
- Serve with lemon quarters
- Drizzle with a drop of balsamic vinegar
- Finely chop garlic and fresh parsley, and sprinkle on steak
- Serve with an arugula salad