1 tbsp (15 mL) minced thyme leaves
1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
1 tsp (5 mL) ground sumac
½ tsp (2 mL) coarse salt
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
½ lb (250 g) lean ground lamb
1 soft lavash bread or other rectangular flatbread
1 cup (250 mL) crumbled halloumi
¼ cup (60 mL) torn mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- For za’atar, combine thyme, sesame seeds, sumac and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For pizza, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until no longer pink. Stir in za’atar.
- Place lavash on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread lamb mixture evenly over lavash. Sprinkle with halloumi. Bake in centre of oven for about 15 minutes, until lavash starts to crisp and halloumi melts slightly.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with mint.