2 oz whisky
½ oz fresh lemon juice
½ oz simple syrup (see recipe below)
Lemon or orange slice and Maraschino cherry
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the liquid ingredients and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled sour glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with the lemon slice and cherry.
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
- Bring water to a boil.
- Stir sugar into the boiling water to dissolve, stirring constantly.
- When sugar has dissolved completely, cool syrup.
- Store in an airtight jar for up to 1 week.