AN UPDATE FROM LCBO PRESIDENT & CEO GEORGE SOLEAS
Wednesday, March 18, 2020 – Toronto
You are all aware of how quickly COVID-19 continues to evolve and the great deal of news coming out, including yesterday’s government announcement of a provincial state of emergency.
We are where Ontarians shop for wine, beer, cider and spirits. We are also members of our communities and share the same concerns as you and your families.
We are taking steps to ensure the safety of our employees and customers to help better navigate this time and I would like to share some of what we are doing to ensure a safe shopping experience.
Effective tomorrow, Thursday, March 19, we are limiting our operating hours. Stores across the province will open between 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
In addition to already elevated cleaning and sanitization protocols, we are taking extra steps to promote social distancing.
- We will be managing traffic flow within our stores to avoid crowding and help maintain safe distances. You may also notice fewer cash registers open.
- To limit the handling of money as much as possible, we are asking customers to pay with credit/debit whenever possible.
- We are not accepting any in-store product returns but hold on to your product and receipt and they will be honoured at a later date.
- Please pack your own reusable bags.
- We continue to suspend all in-store tastings.
- e-Commerce remains an available channel, however Canada Post has suspended home delivery of packages requiring proof of age and we are not able to confirm delivery dates.
We have also put in place measures to support our valued customer service representatives, including additional paid compassionate leave. Following public health guidance, LCBO employees who are returning traveller to Canada or who are experiencing symptoms have been directed not to come to work.
We must ask the same of you. If you are in isolation or self-isolation or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, please do not visit our stores, but rather make alternate arrangements through family or friends.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we are a team operating in uncertain times. While we are open, this is not business as usual. I am grateful for your continued understanding and patience.
For more information:
LCBO Press Office
Follow us on twitter @LCBONEWS