BACKGROUNDER NEW TORONTO LCBO STORE 1015 LAKESHORE BLVD EAST, TORONTO, ONTARIO
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2019
● The official opening of the new LCBO store in Toronto is Tuesday, December 10 at 9:30 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 42,000 community members. The population is expected to grow 12 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 7,161 square-foot store has nearly 4,654 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 1,300 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 370 Vintages premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 170 Ontario wines, including 105 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 412 linear feet of refrigerated shelving, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section that features 32 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are 4 checkouts, the store is wheelchair accessible and has ample free parking.
● There are 10 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are Monday to Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday to Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
LCBO Press Office