LCBO UNVEILS ANNUAL GIFT ASSORTMENT FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
Lineup of tasting events includes interactive Pop Ups with Johnnie Walker and Moët Hennessy at Yorkdale Shopping Centre
December 4, 2019 – Toronto – As the holiday season gets underway, LCBO releases its annual assortment of wine, spirits and beer for the perfect gift or pairing to celebrate festive occasions with friends and family. As one of the most popular holiday destinations for Ontarians, LCBO is making the season cheerful for customers by delivering thoughtful gift items, new shopping experiences and in-store tasting events.
Customers can shop and discover the full Holiday Gift Guide on LCBO.com. The annual gift collection spotlights new and returning favourites; from mulled wines, seasonal ales and ciders to flavoured liquors and spirits.
“The LCBO takes great pride in helping customers enjoy a joyful and stress-free holiday season,” said Alix Box, Chief Customer Officer, LCBO. “Our customers deserve an outstanding holiday assortment and best-in-class shopping experience and with this year’s extensive selection of seasonal offerings, convenient delivery options and unique shopping experiences, we are confident we will deliver on that commitment.”
LCBO’s Holiday Events Line-Up
LCBO is collaborating with Johnnie Walker and Moët Hennessy for holiday Pop Ups at Yorkdale Shopping Centre.
Customers looking for the perfect gift for Whisky aficionados can find it at the Johnnie Walker Pop Up. From December 9 – 18, guests can enjoy a complimentary tasting of the brand’s Black, Gold, Platinum or Blue Label products and the Johnnie Walker Game of Thrones a Song of Fire and a Song of Ice products. Guests who purchase a bottle of Johnnie Walker from any LCBO location or onsite will receive a free custom engraving for gift giving or a collectable keepsake at the Pop Up. Then from December 20 – 31, LCBO is launching the first Moet Hennessy Luxury Atelier in collaboration with Moët Hennessy. Personalized gifting and engraving for the holiday season will also be available at this pop up, from brands such as Moët & Chandon, Dom Pérignon, Hennessy Cognacs and Belvedere Vodka.
The tasting experience extends to stores across the province. Customers shopping at over forty-five LCBO locations in eastern and central Ontario between December 6 – December 7 can sample original holiday cocktails and liquors from the Holiday edition of Food & Drink magazine. Participating stores and events can be found here.
LCBO’s Holiday Picks
This year’s holiday gift guide is made up of a stellar assortment of limited edition and returning products across wine, beer and spirits for every taste and occasion. From convenient gift sets, holiday themed bottles and festive flavours, highlights from the holiday assortment include:
Wines for the Holidays
· Taylor Fladgate LBV Gift Pack, 750mL, $25.95, #127852
· Jackson-Triggs VQA Holiday Gift Pack, 2 x 750mL, $28.50, #348334
· Eastdell Giftpack with serving utensils, 2 x 750mL, $39.95, #11598
· Cesari Amarone & Mara Ripasso Olive Oil Gift Set, 2 x 750mL, $69.95, #590000
· Girl’s Night Out Chocolate Raspberry Truflle, 750mL, $9.95, #425157
· Bottega Rose Gold Brut Sparkling, 750mL, $29.95, #187914
· The Ugly Mulled Wine, 750mL, $14.95, #578021
· Freixenet Cordon Negro Cava Gift Pack,750mL, $19.95, #898478
That’s the Holiday Spirit
· Absolut Recycled Holiday Limited Edition, 750mL, $28.75, #11269
· Bailey’s Original Cream Holiday Bottle, 750mL, $29.95, #608935
· Canadian Club 1858 Gift Box with Signature Glass, 750mL, $30.45, #11566
· Carolans Salted Caramel Irish Cream, 750mL, $27.00, #11439
· Wiser’s Deluxe with Decanter Gift Pack, 750mL, $33.95, #450064
· Jack Daniels Sour Mash Traveln’ Tin & 2 Glasses, $38.95, #248237
· Kahula Mint Mocha, 375mL, $16.95, #210104
· The Kraken Spiced Rum Limited Edition, 750mL, $45.95, #427286
· Laura Secord Chocolate Cream Liquor, 750mL, $32.95, #407379
The Local Cheers
· Wellington Brewery Mix Volume 7, 4 x 473mL, $12.95, #12339
· Amsterdam Winter Flight Pack, 4 x 473mL, $12.95, #12859
· Great Lakes Brewery Shinny Pants Session, 473mL, $3.00 #14029
· Flying Monkeys Chocolate Manifesto, 473mL, $8.60, #534594
· Ernst Cider Winter’s Blush, 473mL, $3.50, #636274
· Mill Street Chocolate, 473mL, $3.95, #626274
· Whitewater Brewing Co. Peanut Butter Shake, 473mL, $3.75, #643106
· Ace Hill Winter Radler, 473mL, $3.15, #643130
For added convenience, customers within the core city areas of Ottawa and downtown Toronto can enjoy on-demand delivery through foodora. Customers can shop a curated list of popular beer and cider, wine, spirits and read-to-drink products. Further information on the LCBO’s delivery partnership with foodora can be found here and for a full list of delivery options, visit LCBO.com.
The LCBO reminds customers to celebrate responsibly this holiday season and practice moderate consumption. To better serve customers, LCBO.com and the LCBO mobile app offers exclusive products and free shipping to any store location. Home delivery is also available as is next business day home delivery in select areas.
Customers should enjoy our products responsibly and return empty beverage alcohol containers (large and small glass bottles, PET plastic, Tetra Pak cartons, bag-in-box and cans) to The Beer Store for a full deposit refund.
For images and interview requests, visit our Media Centre and contact the LCBO Press Office.
LCBO Press Office