BACKGROUNDER NEW TORONTO LCBO STORE 3372 YONGE STREET, TORONTO, ONTARIO
OCTOBER 4, 2019
● The official opening of the new LCBO store in Toronto is Friday, October 4 at 9:30 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 29,500 community members. The population is expected to grow 14 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 6,535 square-foot store has nearly 3,745 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 1,180 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 420 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 130 Ontario wines, including 70 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 408 linear feet of refrigerated shelving, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section that features 40 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are 4 checkouts, the store is wheelchair accessible and has paid parking available.
● There are 12 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are Monday to Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
LCBO Press Office