LCBO ANNOUNCES WHAT’S IN THIS SPRING
Welcomes new products and fresh flavours in-store and online
May 13, 2019 – Toronto – LCBO is thrilled to announce a selection of new and exciting releases inspired by springtime weather, offering customers an expanded assortment of lighter, refreshing options for more time spent outdoors. From rosé, sparkling and canned wines, premium coveted spirits, affordable and innovative ready-to-drink products and creative fruit-forward beer, LCBO highlights entertaining solutions on-trend for every occasion and taste.
“Warmer weather means a trend towards lighter beverage alcohol choices and this spring our experts have hand-picked an inspiring selection that will delight our customers and encourage them to try something new,” said Carolyn O-Grady Gold, Vice President, Merchandising, LCBO. “By introducing fresh brands to popular categories, exceptional products in convenient packaging and creative brews, we are delivering a modern, inventive and delicious assortment perfect for the spring and summer months.”
In time for the long weekend, May 17 – 19, LCBO is launching a Beer Super Sale* in-store and online, offering customers cost savings and value featuring the following participating products:
· Lone Star Beer, 473mL (#10218)
· Loon Lager, 355mL, (#635862)
· DAB Original, 6 x 500mL (#666875)
· Laker Lager, 6 x 341mL (#910026)
· No Name Beer, 6 x 341mL (#1103200)
· Cool Lager, 4 x 341mL (#139089)
· Bavaria Premium, 6 x 500mL (#666867)
For customers looking to explore flavoured beers, complex sours and fruit-forward products this season, LCBO’s beer lineup offers opportunities for experimentation, creativity, new flavours and new favourites.
· Muskoka Hazed and Confused, 472mL (#159772)
· Bud Light Orange, 473mL (#10141)
· Bench Brewing Strawberry Grove, 500mL (#10577)
· Brickworks Lemonade Cider Radler, 473mL (#10574)
· Belgian Moon Mango Wheat, 473mL (#697268)
Rosé & Sparkling Wines
LCBO has grown a seasonal rosé offering into a year-round program as customers continue to seek refreshing, lighter style wines and innovative formats, including canned and sparkling wines, as well as a desire for uniqueness, serving size and variety.
· JP Chenet Sparkling Ice Wine, 750mL (#998161)
· Calvet Rosé, Laguedoc AOP, 1500mL (#647149)
· D’Ont Poke the Bear Rosé VQA, 750mL, (#642884)
· Joiy Rosé Sparkling, 250mL (#647313)
· Barefoot Spritzer Rosé, 250ml, (#642850)
· Bollicini Sparkling Cuvée, 250mL (#647792)
Giving the versatile spirit the spotlight, LCBO is introducing the Rum Shop, in-store and online, offering handpicked selections of coveted and deluxe sipping rums. Customers will discover a stellar lineup of rums produced in the spirit’s traditional home, the Caribbean, and unexpected locales such as France, United States, Peru, Venezuela, Columbia and Guyana. A selection of the full assortment is highlighted below:
· Bumbu Craft Rum, 750mL (#646729)
· Facundo Eximo, 750mL (#646653)
· Dictator 20 Year Old, 750mL (#634352)
· Ron Matusalem 18 Year Old, 750mL (#646737)
· Plantation OFTD Overproof 69, 750mL (#646661)
To showcase the ever-expanding variety of gin, LCBO is introducing the Gin Shop, in-store and online. From juniper-forward London Dry styles to modern distillations with subtle spice and locally harvested botanicals, there’s an exciting new world of deluxe craft gin ready to be discovered. A selection of the full assortment is highlighted below:
· Normindia Distilled Gin, 750mL (#635441)
· Roku Gin, 750mL (#636209)
· Glendalough Wild Botanical Gin, 750mL (#635482)
· Ophir Oriental Spiced Gin, 750mL (#573949)
· Fifty Pound Gin, 700mL (#635490)
A diverse collection of Ready-to-Drink (RTD) innovations, LCBO is introducing new products, lighter seltzers, sugar-free options, kombuchas and wine inspired coolers offering customers a huge range of flavours and trends.
· Smirnoff Ice Rosé Sangria, 250mL (#649286)
· Nütrl Vodka Soda Grapefruit, 473mL (#666032)
· Gordon’s Pink Gin & Tonic, 4 x 355mL (#667477)
· SoCIAL LITE Spiked Peach, 473mL (#649400)
· Georgian Bay Smashed Ice Tea, 473mL (#667006)
May Long Weekend Hours
In preparation for the long weekend, the LCBO store hours are as follows:
· All LCBO stores will be closed on Monday, May 20, 2019
· Where permitted by local municipalities, some LCBO agency stores may observe their normal hours of business on Victoria Day.
To better serve customers, LCBO.com and the LCBO mobile app offers exclusive products and free shipping to any store location. Home delivery is also available as is next business day home delivery in select areas.
The LCBO reminds customers to enjoy our products responsibly and return empty beverage alcohol containers (large and small glass bottles, PET plastic, Tetra Pak cartons, bag-in-box and cans) to The Beer Store for a full deposit refund.
For images and interview requests, visit our Media Centre and contact the LCBO Press Office.
*Participating beer products are equivalent in price to ‘Buck-a-Beer’ promotion
LCBO Press Office