BACKGROUNDER NEW KITCHENER LOCATION 340 KING ST WEST #2, KITCHENER, ONTARIO
TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 2019
● The official opening of the new relocated LCBO store in Kitchener is Tuesday, April 30, at 9:30 a.m.
● This new relocated store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 13,522 community members. The population is expected to grow 6.9 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 5,167 square-foot store has more than 3,200 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 1,104 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 120 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 138 Ontario wines, including over 80 VQA wines.
● It also features 444 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 25 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are 4 checkouts including a customer service desk. The store is wheelchair accessible and has parking.
● There are 9 full-time, part-time and casual employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sunday
LCBO Press Office