BACKGROUNDER NEW KOMOKA STORE, 10166 GLENDON DRIVE, KOMOKA, ONTARIOS
TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019
● The official opening of the new LCBO store in Komoka is Tuesday, March 26, at 10:30 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 16,000 community members. The population is expected to grow 10 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 6,115 square-foot store has nearly 4,000 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 1,230 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 120 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 175 Ontario wines, including almost 100 VQA wines.
● It also features 610 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 38 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are 5 checkouts, the store is wheelchair accessible and has ample parking.
● There are 11 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday to Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sunday
LCBO Press Office