BACKGROUNDER NEW ETOBICOKE STORE, 340 QUEENS PLATE DR., ETOBICOKE, ONTARIO
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2019
● The official opening of the new LCBO store in Etobicoke is Friday, February 15, at 9:30 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 89,000 local residents. The population is expected to grow 13 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The7, 797 square-foot store has nearly 5,000 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 1,422 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 127 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 170 Ontario wines, including almost 90 VQA wines.
● It also features 500 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 39 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are 6 checkouts, the store is wheelchair accessible and has ample paid parking.
● There are 10 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sunday
LCBO Press Office