NEW NORTH YORK STORE
22 POYNTZ AVENUE
NORTH YORK, ONTARIO
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2018
● The official opening of the new LCBO store in North York is Thursday, December 6, at 9:30 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 77,000 local residents. The population is expected to grow 12 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 11,179 square-foot store has nearly 6,735 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 1,188 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 340 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 180 Ontario wines, including almost 129 VQA wines.
● It also features 580 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 50 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are 6 checkouts, the store is wheelchair accessible and has ample paid parking.
● There are 13 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sunday
LCBO Press Office
Tel. 416.864.6700; E-mail: PressOffice@lcbo.com
Follow us on Twitter @LCBONews