BACKGROUNDER : NEW KINGSTON STORE, RIVERVIEW SHOPPING CENTRE, 1218 HWY #15, KINGSTON, ONTARIO
JUNE 1, 2018
● The official opening of the new LCBO store at the Riverview Shopping Centre, in Kingston is Friday, June 1th, at 11:00 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 12,000 local residents. The area population is expected to increase by nearly eight per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 8,500 square-foot store has nearly 5,000 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 1,400 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 220 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 160 Ontario wines, including almost 100 VQA wines.
● It also features 746 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features over 37 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are five checkouts, including a customer service counter, the store is wheelchair accessible and has ample free parking.
● There will Be 8 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.