BACKGROUNDER : LCBO - 91 KING AVENUE WEST, NEWCASTLE, ONTARIO
TUESDAY, MARCH 27, 2018
● The official opening of the new LCBO store at 91 King Avenue West, in Newcastle is Tuesday, March 27, at 10:00 a.m.
● This brand-new store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to approximately 12,500 local residents. The area population is expected to increase by thirteen per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 10,500 square-foot store has more than 6,800 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of over 1,600 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 165 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 200 Ontario wines, including some 75 VQA wines.
● It also features 712 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features over 37 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and includes an assortment of made in Ontario products.
● There are six checkouts, including a customer service counter, a portable tasting bar, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 16 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.