HOW TO FOR THE HOLIDAYS
ENTERTAIN, GIVE, SHARE AND ENJOY THIS SEASON WITH HELP FROM THE LCBO
· Holiday collection includes new and favorite products and online exclusives
· Online highlights include gift-guides, entertaining tips, curated boxes
· Next business day home delivery launches Nov 23 for online and LCBO App orders
· Season marks the busiest sales time of year, expected to surpass $1.2 billion
November 22, 2017 – Toronto – With the holidays just around the corner, the LCBO is helping customers get in the spirit with new and favourite seasonal products, curated gifts, and solutions for all of their entertaining needs. From local craft beers to limited edition spirits and wines for every preference and price point, the LCBO’s making it easy to confidently shop for the occasion both in-store and online.
“LCBO’s knowledgeable staff and commitment to customer service makes holiday gift giving and entertaining convenient and stress free,” said Joyce Gray, Chief Customer Officer, LCBO. “Whether someone’s looking to our in-store experts to help them select the perfect gift or pairing for a festive meal, placing an on-line order, or is inspired to try out a recipe from FOOD & DRINK, we take great pride in helping our customers with their holiday celebrations.”
LCBO.com has an array of exclusives and premium products on offer online for Holiday 2017 including:
· Veuve Clicquot Rosé Clicq’Call: featuring a unique gift box which allows a personalized recorded message
· Maynards 100 Years of Port Collection; this four-port sampler includes a 10, 20, 30 and 40 year-old port
· Joiy Sparkling 4-Pack; includes four 250mL sparkling wines
Online visitors can also take advantage of curated Food & Drink boxes full of holiday hosting essentials, shop gift guides for thoughtful presents for every adult on their list and purchase limited edition gifts not found in-store, including accessories.
Rounding out the collection is an assortment of LCBO gift packs and festive editions of classic favourites:
For the wine enthusiast:
- Apothic Red Duo gift pack
- Inniskillin VQA Holiday gift pack
- Wolf Blass Yellow Label Duo
- Santa Carolina Reserva Duo
New for the beer and cider lover:
- Greene King Festive Pudding Ale
- Erdinger Variety 5-Pack
- Ernest Holiday Cider 6-Pack
- Steam Whistle Lunch Box 6-Pack
When a more spirited option is in order:
- Courvoisier VSOP
- Dillon’s Small Batch Limoncello
- Hennessy VSOP
- Mozart Chocolate Cream
Mini formats make great stocking stuffers or additions to any gift:
- Maker’s Mark Kentucky Bourbon Mini
- Crown Royal Northern Harvest Rye
- Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur Mini
Next business day Home Delivery
In order to better serve customers, LCBO is set to offer next business day home delivery, for orders placed on lcbo.com and through the LCBO mobile app. Customers across most cities in Ontario, will have the option to choose next business day delivery for orders placed Monday to Friday by 1 p.m. When shopping online at LCBO.com customers will be prompted to enter their postal code to determine their eligibility. This expedited delivery complements existing home and in-store delivery options.
“LCBO is making it easier to shop with us whenever and wherever our customers choose. When party-planning means larger orders, or to take advantage of exclusive offerings, on-line or browsing and buying from our mobile app is a perfect option,” added Gray. “We know our customers want flexibility and convenience and we’re looking forward to providing expedited delivery over the holidays with next business day service available for most cities in the province.”
In addition to digital shopping options, many of our 662 across the province stores will offer extended shopping hours in December. Information on specific store hours, can be found on our store locator.
The LCBO app is available via the Apple and Google app stores.
The LCBO reminds customers to drink responsibly over the holiday season. Visit lcbo.com/alwaystakingcare for hosting tips and mocktail recipes to ensure holiday gatherings with family and friends are memorable for the right reasons. Customers are also encouraged to return empty beverage alcohol containers (large and small glass bottles, PET plastic, Tetra Pak cartons, bag-in-box and cans) to The Beer Store for a full deposit refund.