BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED, EXPANDED BELLEVILLE STORE, 400 DUNDAS STREET EAST, BELLEVILLE, ONTARIO
July 27, 2017
● The official opening of the relocated and expanded LCBO store at 400Dundas Street East in Belleville is Thursday, July 27, at 9:00 a.m.
● This relocated Belleville store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to just over 16,000 residents. This population is expected to increase by two per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 6,090 square-foot store has more than 3,770 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of over 1,500 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 100 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 248 Ontario wines, including some 107 VQA wines with an assortment of Prince Edward County local wines.
● It also features 509 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features over 37 linear feet of refrigerated wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and includes an assortment of Prince Edward County products.
● There are five checkouts, including a customer service counter, a portable tasting bar, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 9 full-time and part-time employees, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.