BACKGROUNDER: NEW LCBO STORE, 772 QUEEN STREET EAST, TORONTO, ONTARIO
February 17, 2017
● The official opening of the new LCBO store at 772 Queen Street East in Toronto is Friday, February 17, 2017, starting at 10:00 a.m.
● The new store at 772 Queen Street East will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 21,000 residents. This population is expected to increase by nearly 11 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 4,096 square-foot store has more than 2,300 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 1,000 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 90 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing nearly 148 Ontario wines, including some 79 VQA wines.
● It also features 80 linear feet of refrigerated shelving, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section that features 8 linear feet of refrigerated shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● There are three checkouts available, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 11 full-time and part-time employees, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.