NEW LCBO CAMPAIGN AIMS TO SPARK CONVERSATION ABOUT MODERATION
December 14, 2016
LCBO’s new social responsibility campaign launches this week with a television commercial and online guide to get Ontario thinking about moderation and responsible hosting. The holiday season can be a time of indulgence – and the perfect time to remember that a good time and a safe time can be one and the same.
This year’s holiday campaign kicked off with LCBO opening an alcohol-free bar, for one night only. The Toronto pop-up, dubbed Bar Zero, started the conversation about moderation and served as the backdrop for a 30-second television commercial.
The Bar Zero ad features 0% cocktails designed by BarChef owner Frankie Solarik, food pairings by Buca restaurants Executive Chef Rob Gentile, and a soundtrack spun by Canadian-born DJ FeelGoodSmalls.
The new TV commercial begins airing this week on more than 20 stations across Ontario through January 1. The conversation continues online at the new www.alwaystakingcare.ca, where you will find recipes and tips for taking a balanced approach to entertaining and practical party-planning advice.
Responsible hosting begins with planning ahead. Here are some ideas to help your guests have a safe and memorable time.
· Serve guests a variety of drinks, including alcohol-free 0% Cocktails, in addition to wine, beer and cocktails.
· 0% Cocktails are easy to make and just as tasty as regular cocktails, but without the alcohol. They also pair well with a variety of foods.
· Designate a bartender as guests tend to drink more if they serve themselves.
· Serve high-starch foods and proteins. Avoid salty, sweet or greasy snacks since these will make your guests thirstier.
· Keep tokens, cash and telephone numbers on hand for public transit and taxis. Also, enlist the help of designated drivers to help ensure your guests get home safely.
· To find more tips on how to entertain responsibly and to integrate 0% Cocktails into your hosting plans, visit www.alwaystakingcare.ca
LCBO wants you to keep the conversation going online on Twitter (@LCBO_ATC), Instagram (@alwaystakingcare), Facebook (www.facebook.com/AlwaysTakingCare/ ) and take our quiz to make sure you’re not fooled by the top alcohol myths.
To watch the LCBO’s new TV commercial, click here.
For LCBO campaign photos, click here.