BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED TORONTO STORE 101 EGLINTON AVENUE EAST, UNIT #2, TORONTO, ONTARIO
December 2, 2016
● The official opening of the new LCBO store at 101 Eglinton Avenue East is Friday, December 2, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
● The new store at 101 Eglinton Avenue East will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to just over 58,300 residents. This population is expected to increase by 8 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 7,476 square-foot store has more than 6,900 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 1,100 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 370 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing more than 150 Ontario wines, including some 72 VQA wines.
● It also features 207 linear feet of refrigerated beer shelving, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section that features 19 linear feet of shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● There are four checkouts, including a customer service counter, available free underground parking spaces, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 11 full-time and part-time employees, including a Product Consultant, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.