BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED LCBO STORE 1009 COXWELL AVENUE, TORONTO, ONTARIO
November 23, 2016
● The official opening of the new LCBO store at 1009 Coxwell Avenue in Toronto is Wednesday, November 23, 2016, starting at 9:30 a.m.
● The new store at 1009 Coxwell Avenue will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to nearly 75,000 residents. This population is expected to increase by nearly 10 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 11,733 square-foot store has more than 6,900 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 1,700 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 350 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing nearly 280 Ontario wines, including some 150 VQA wines.
● It also features 421 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ”dairy doors” that features 37 linear feet of shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● There are seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, a mobile tasting bar, available parking spaces, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 15 full-time and part-time employees, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.