BACKGROUNDER: LCBO LAUNCHES E-COMMERCE SITE
July 26, 2016
● Starting Tuesday, July 26, 2016 LCBO is unveiling a new and convenient online experience where customers can shop the world from their computer or smartphone using LCBO’s new e-commerce website.
● The e-commerce site will feature an initial assortment of close to 5,000 local, Canadian and international wines, beers, ciders and spirits. Up to 16,000 different products will be offered by 2017.
● Further enhancing the online shopping experience, the new site will offer access to online exclusives and products that have never been available for purchase before outside of LCBO’s Private Ordering and Consignment programs.
● Products ordered online can be delivered free of charge to a customer’s preferred LCBO store or to anywhere in Ontario for a flat fee of $12 (plus tax) per order.
● Online orders for home delivery will be made within 2 to 3 days. Online orders will be available for pick-up at any LCBO store within 4 to 12 days.
● LCBO’s longstanding commitment to the responsible sale of beverage alcohol will extend to online sales. Customers must verify they are of legal drinking age prior to placing an order and someone with valid ID must be present to accept the package in-store or at home.
● Home deliveries will be made via Canada Post, which has a successful track record of handling and delivering products responsibly from wineries and for other liquor boards.
● LCBO customers from across Ontario will now have increased access to products from 85 countries, as well as LCBO’s complete offering of domestic beers, wines, ciders and spirits.
● LCBO’s e-commerce platform is endorsed by government and supported by the Premier’s Advisory Council on Government Assets to improve customer service and choice.
● Investing in e-commerce will improve customer service, product selection and help the LCBO generate significant annual revenue to fund important government priorities, such as health care, hospitals, education and infrastructure.
● LCBO’s new online platform creates business opportunities for local and international suppliers, including those who couldn’t previously supply the 654 store LCBO network.
● In fiscal 2015-16, LCBO recorded $5.57 billion in sales and delivered its 22nd consecutive record dividend to the province of $1.935 billion, excluding taxes.
● To explore LCBO’s new e-commerce site and begin shopping the world, please visit lcbo.com
● LCBO reminds customers to please drink responsibly and to never consume alcohol when driving or boating. Responsible hosting information, including 0 per cent cocktail recipes is available at www.deflatetheelephant.com.