BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED THORNBURY STORE, 105 ARTHUR STREET W., THORNBURY, ONTARIO
May 4, 2016
● The official opening of the new, relocated Thornbury LCBO store is Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 10 a.m.
● The new location at 105 Arthur Street West will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to more than 9,600 area residents.
● The relocated 8,000 square-foot store has close to 5,200 square feet of display space and is more than twice the size of the former location.
● This new store carries a wide selection of some 1700 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of about 120 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing more than 250 Ontario wines, including some 150 VQA wines.
● It has a chilled wine section that features 25 linear feet of shelving and also more than 630 linear feet of fridge space for Ontario craft beers, as well as other domestic and imported brands, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts and is wheelchair accessible.
● The store’s employees are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are Monday to Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.