BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED, EXPANDED PICTON STORE, 2 LAKE STREET, PICTON, ONTARIO
April 20, 2016
● The official opening of the relocated and expanded LCBO store at Highway 63/33 and County Road 10 in Picton is Wednesday, April 20, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
● The new location at 2 Lake Street will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to just over 9,600 residents. This population is expected to increase by eight per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 8,106 square-foot store has more than 5,300 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of over 1,900 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 250 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 370 Ontario wines, including some 236 VQA wines with a special Prince Edward County VQA section featuring 32 local wines.
● It also features 473 linear feet of refrigerated shelving in a beer cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 25 linear feet of shelving, and an additional 12.5 feet of refrigerated Prince Edward County wine.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests, and features special displays of Prince Edward County products.
● There are five checkouts, including a customer service counter, a portable tasting bar, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 11 full-time and part-time employees, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.