BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED, EXPANDED TORONTO STORE, 547 YONGE STREET, TORONTO, ONTARIO
February 25, 2016
● The official opening of the relocated and expanded LCBO store at Yonge Street and Wellesley Street in Toronto is Thursday, February 25, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
● The new location at 547 Yonge Street will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to just over 61,000 residents. This population is expected to increase by 21 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 11,549 square-foot store has more than 7,300 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of over 1,900 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 275 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 270 Ontario wines, including some 146 VQA wines.
● It also features 256 linear feet of refrigerated beer shelving, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 23 linear feet of shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● There are six checkouts, including a customer service counter, a portable tasting bar, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 14 full-time and part-time employees, including a Product Consultant, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.