BACKGROUNDER: LCBO OPENS NEW TORONTO STORE, 619 QUEEN ST. W., TORONTO, ONTARIO
February 10, 2016
● The official opening of the new Toronto LCBO store is Wednesday, February 10, 2016 at 10 a.m.
● The new location at 619 Queen St. W. (Queen & Portland) will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to more than 12,600 area residents.
● The 3,500+ square-foot store has more than 2,100 square feet of display space.
● This new store carries a wide selection of some 700 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of about 100 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing more than 100 Ontario wines, including some 60 VQA wines.
● It has a chilled wine section that features 8 linear feet of shelving and also more than 140 linear feet of fridge space for Ontario craft beers, as well as other domestic and imported brands, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts and is wheelchair accessible.
● The store’s employees are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are Monday to Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Sunday11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.