BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED, EXPANDED LONDON STORE, 681 WONDERLAND ROAD NORTH, LONDON, ONTARIO
January 20, 2016
● The official opening of the relocated LCBO store at Oxford Street West and Wonderland Road North in London is Wednesday, January 20, 2016, at 10:00 a.m.
● The new location at 681 Wonderland Road will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to over 82,000 residents. This population is expected to increase by 15 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 12,091 square-foot store has more than 8,454 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of over 2,011 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 825 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing over 275 Ontario wines, including some 135 VQA wines.
● It also features 665 linear feet of refrigerated beer shelving, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features over 37.5 linear feet of shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● There are six checkouts, including a customer service counter, available parking spaces, and the store is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 16 full-time and part-time employees, including a Product Consultant who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.