DESTINATION PORTUGAL: LCBO OPENS NEW SPECIALTY BOUTIQUE
2151 ST. CLAIR AVENUE WEST
July 10, 2015
● The official opening of the newest “Products of the World” display is Friday, July 10.
● This unique selection of Portuguese wines and spirits is located inside The Stockyards LCBO store, a short distance from Little Portugal.
● Featuring more than 160 wines and spirits, we believe this is the largest collection of Portuguese beverage alcohol products outside of Portugal. The selection is more than double the previous offering.
● Many of the products are from the LCBO Consignment Program, which means they are being made available to customers for the first time outside of Portuguese bars and restaurants. 58 brands are new to retail and exclusive to this location.
● Product selection will be regularly refreshed to keep the assortment appealing and dynamic.
● Featured Portuguese products range from about $7 - $120.
● To better serve the local Portuguese-speaking community and enhance the shopping experience for all fans of Portuguese wines and spirits, The Stockyards LCBO has one Product Consultant and four Portuguese-speaking Customer Service Representatives. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● The Portuguese section is the second specialty store-within-a-store to be opened this year by the LCBO to help showcase its product offerings from 80 countries. It follows the successful launch of a Greek display, which opened May 25th in the heart of the Greek community at the LCBO on the Danforth. In the first six weeks of its launch, we have already seen Greek wine sales grow by 57%.
● These “Products of the World” destination stores help to fulfill recommendations laid out in the recent Asset Review and are endorsed by government. The next country to be featured in this manner will be Spain.
● The LCBO’s 650-store network also includes 20 Our Wine Country Ontario boutiques, which focus exclusively on Ontario VQA wine, and include hard-to-find products from smaller producers. All LCBO stores include a prominent Ontario wine and craft beer section.
● Expanding and upgrading the LCBO network with new, modern stores and specialty boutiques improves customer service and product selection and helps the LCBO generate significant annual revenue to fund important government priorities, such as health care, hospitals, education and infrastructure.
● In fiscal 2014-15, LCBO recorded $5.214 billion in sales and delivered its 21st consecutive record dividend to the province of $1.805 billion, excluding taxes.
● Hours of operation for The Stockyards LCBO are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.