NEW LCBO KINGSTON STORE
KING’S CROSSING – 1044 DIVISION ST.
MAY 13, 2015
● The official opening of the new LCBO Kingston store is Wednesday, May 13, 2015, at 9:30 a.m.
● The new store at 1044 Division St. in the King’s Crossing shopping district will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to 20,467 residents. The area is expected to grow by 13 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The new 8,000 square-foot store has more than 4,800 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 1,900 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 240 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing 270 Ontario wines, including some 140 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 413 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 25 linear feet of shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts, including a customer service counter, has nearly 120 available parking spaces, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 11 full-time and part-time employees, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.