BACKGROUNDER: OPENING OF EXPANDED LCBO NEWMARKET STORE, 17365 LESLIE STREET, NEWMARKET, ONTARIO
March 25, 2015
● The official opening of the expanded LCBO Newmarket store is Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 9:30 a.m.
● This larger and modern store will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to 87,000 local residents. This population is expected to increase by 20 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The expanded 9,073 square-foot Newmarket store has 7,800 square feet of display space – 81 per cent more than before the expansion. It carries a wide selection of more than 2,250 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a VINTAGES Corner featuring up to 650 premium wines and spirits.
● This expanded store carries 430 Ontario wines, including some 180 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in cold room with 140 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a selection of Ontario craft beers, as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has six checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be16 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, all of whom are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.