BACKGROUNDER : OPENING OF RELOCATED LCBO HAMILTON STORE 2 KING STREET WEST (JACKSON SQUARE MALL) HAMILTON, ONTARIO
March 24, 2015
● The official opening of the relocated LCBO Hamilton store is Tuesday, March 24, 2015, at 9:30 a.m.
● The relocated store at 2 King St. West will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to 46,150 residents. The population is expected to grow by 22 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The relocated 5,530 square-foot Hamilton store has 4,473 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 1,000 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a Vintages Corner featuring up to 80 premium wines and spirits.
● This relocated store carries 200 Ontario wines, including some 80 VQA wines.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter and is wheelchair accessible. Paid parking below the Jackson Square Mall is available for customers.
● There will be 12 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.