OPENING OF NEW AURORA LCBO STORE
94 FIRST COMMERCE DRIVE
March 9, 2015
● The official opening of the new LCBO store at 94 First Commerce Drive in Aurora is Monday, March 9, 2015 at 9:30 a.m.
● The new Aurora store will provide convenient one-stop beverage alcohol service to the area’s 166,000 residents.
● The 12,167 square foot store has 8,338 square feet of display space and carries a wide selection of more than 2,000 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a VINTAGES Corner featuring up to 575 premium wines and spirits.
● The store will also feature an Our Wine Country Ontario destination boutique, fulfilling a government commitment to enhance support for the province’s wine industry.
● Located inside select full-size LCBO stores, Our Wine Country Ontario destination boutiques have the look and feel of a trip to wine country, offering customers an expanded selection of Ontario wines, including hard-to-find, niche and ultra-premium products. The boutiques raise the profile of Ontario wine, offer customers a unique Ontario wine shopping experience, make it easier to discover and learn about the exceptional products produced here at home, and support Ontario winery sales.
● The latest full-scale Our Wine Country Ontario destination boutique in the new Aurora store features more than 400 Ontario VQA wines from wineries located from all wine growing regions in the province. Unique design concepts and features of the boutique include:
- 695 square feet of floor space with chilled wines and custom-designed display units to feature Icewine.
- Design choices to reflect the relaxed look and feel of elements from a weathered harvest barn, creating a distinct shopping environment that emulates a visit to wine country.
- Simplified fixtures that consist of white-washed, quarter-cut oak with contrasting vanilla surfaces and charcoal metal detailing.
- Planked porcelain tile flooring in weathered tones of sand, taupe and grey.
- A harvest tasting table with anchored seating that has the look and feel of a family kitchen – perfect for local wine and food pairings and samplings.
- A large digital screen displaying video and still images of Ontario wine country.
- Wines organized by varietal instead of region, displayed in internally illuminated white and red wine wall sections.
- Three World of Ontario Wine (WOW) leaders – specialists in Ontario wine – available to assist customers.
● The new Aurora store also features a walk-in beer cold room with 572 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs. There is 37.5 linear feet of wine refrigeration that features stylish dairy doors.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The new Aurora store has eight checkouts, including a customer service counter, has ample parking, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 16 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, all of whom are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Tel: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428