BACKGROUNDER: NEW OTTAWA LANSDOWNE LCBO STORE 953 BANK STREET, OTTAWA, ONTARIO
December 4, 2014
● The official opening of the new LCBO store at the redeveloped Lansdowne Park in Ottawa is Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.
● The new store at 953 Bank Street will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to the area’s 25,000 residents.
● The 12,553 square foot store has 8,500 square feet of display space and carries a wide selection of more than 1,800 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a VINTAGES Corner featuring up to 750 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing 237 Ontario products, including some 140 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 715 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs. The new store also has 37.5 linear feet of wine refrigeration that features stylish dairy doors.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has six checkouts, including a customer service counter, has ample parking, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 18 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, all of whom are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Coordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729