BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED LCBO MILTON STORE, 1025 BRONTE ST., SOUTH MILTON, ONTARIO
November 14, 2014
● The official opening of the expanded LCBO Milton store is Friday, November 14, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● The relocated store at 1025 Bronte Street South will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to 13,751 residents. The area is expected to grow by 78 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The new 12,007 square-foot store has 8,380 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 2,258 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a Vintages Corner featuring up to 450 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing more than 400 Ontario products, including 258 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 606 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 37.5 linear feet of shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter and is wheelchair accessible. Shared parking is available in the shopping plaza.
● There will be 8 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service, including an in-store Product Consultant.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Tel: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428