BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED LCBO FONTHILL STORE 114 HWY #20 EAST, FONTHILL, ONTARIO
October 17, 2014
● The official opening of the expanded LCBO Fonthill store is Friday, October 17, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● The relocated store at 114 Hwy #20 East will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to 17,567 residents. The area is expected to grow by 17 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The new 8,020 square-foot store has 4,721square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 1,500 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a Vintages Corner featuring up to 240 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing more than 380 Ontario products, including some 270 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 419 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs. There is also a chilled wine section that features 25 linear feet of shelving complete with “dairy doors”.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts, including a customer service counter, has nearly 3.5 times as much parking as the previous location, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 8 full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.