BACKGROUNDER: EXPANDED LCBO TECUMSEH OPENING, 15 AMY CROFT DRIVE, TECUMSEH
September 25, 2014
● The official opening of the expanded LCBO Tecumseh store is Thursday, September 25, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● The expanded store at 15 Amy Croft Drive will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to 29,858 residents.
● The 10,500 square-foot Tecumseh store has 7,500 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of 2,080 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a Vintages Corner featuring up to 600 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing 360 Ontario products, including some 230 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 725 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts, including a customer service counter, has ample parking, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 16 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, all of whom are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428