BACKGROUNDER : NEW LCBO RICHMOND HILL STORE OPENING, 12300 YONGE STREET, RICHMOND HILL
September 9, 2014
● The official opening of the new LCBO Richmond Hill store is Tuesday, September 9, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● The new store at 12300 Yonge Street will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to 85,100 residents. The population is expected to increase by 23 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 14,000 square-foot Richmond Hill store has 9,500 square feet of display space. It carries a wide selection of more than 2,600 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also has a Vintages Corner featuring up to 375 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing 440 Ontario products, including some 300 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 640 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has eight checkouts, including a customer service counter, has ample parking, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 13 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, all of whom are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428