BACKGROUNDER: EXPANDED LCBO BLOOR WEST VILLAGE STORE OPENING - 2180 BLOOR STREET WEST, TORONTO
July 10, 2014
● The official opening of the expanded Bloor West Village store in Toronto is Thursday, July 10, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● This larger and modern store provides convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to local residents. The store services a population of more than 55,000, which is expected to increase by six per cent over the next ten years.
● The 6,845 square-foot Bloor West Village store has 4,792 square feet of display space, which is more than double the size than before the expansion. It carries an expanded selection of 1,235 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● This expanded store carries 188 Ontario wines, including 112 VQA brands, while a large Vintages section offers up to 250 fine wines and spirits.
● The store also features a new walk-in beer cold room with 442 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of local and international beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility usage and costs.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts, including a customer service counter, has ample parking, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 19 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Monday to Saturday, and 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428