BACKGROUNDER: NEW LCBO ISABELLA STREET STORE OPENING, 22 ISABELLA STREET, OTTAWA
JUNE 25, 2014
● The official opening of the new Isabella Street store in Ottawa, Ontario, is Wednesday, June 25, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● This new replacement store provides convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to local residents. The store services a population of more than 31,000, which is expected to increase by 11 per cent over the next ten years.
● The 7,800 square-foot Isabella Street store has 5,500 square feet of display space and is almost 50 per cent larger than the old store at the same location. It carries an expanded selection of more than 1,700 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● This new store carries 270 Ontario wines, including 200 VQA brands, while a large Vintages section offers up to 250 fine wines and spirits.
● The store also features a walk-in beer cold room with 735 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of local and international beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has six checkouts, including a customer service counter, has ample parking, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 13 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. from Monday to Saturday, and 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428