BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED LCBO STORE IN LISTOWEL - 598 MITCHELL ROAD SOUTH
February 13, 2014 10:55 ET
● The relocated Listowel LCBO store at 598 Mitchell Road South provides improved convenience, selection and service.
● The official opening is Thursday, February 13, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● The store serves a population of 11,642, with the population expected to increase by nine per cent in the next 10 years.
● This 6,100 square-foot store is 50 per cent larger than the former Listowel store and has 3,335 square feet of display space. There is a greatly expanded selection of 1,200 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs.
● It also offers 200 brands of Ontario wines, including a section devoted to 90 VQA products, as well as up to 100 VINTAGES products.
● The new store features a walk-in beer cold room with more than 435 linear feet of shelving. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be six employees (including full-time and part-time) who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428